Long Term Care
Living longer is good news… Isn’t it? While we’re living longer, there’s greater risk that we live longer in poorer health.
In broad terms, if you have more than £14,250 in assets, you will need to self-fund your own care. This threshold will usually include the value of your home, but it may be disregarded in certain circumstances and certain types of investment are excluded.
Care homes can be expensive and will vary by region. Many people don’t consider what happens if their money runs out or the likelihood of this happening.
We can help you make the right decisions at what can be an unsettling and anxious time. We offer professional, regulated and qualified advice and recommend the best way to fund care from the options available to you. We are happy to be SOLLA accredited (Society of later life advisers). We’re here to help!
Here’s how we can help as regulated qualified later life advisers
- We offer an initial consultation at no cost to you.
- We’ll access the position and let you know whether we can help and, if so, what we can do. We’ll then outline what our charges are for our service.
- We’ll require financial information about the person requiring care such as details of assets and income.
- We’ll check you’re receiving everything you’re entitled to – even self-funders may be entitled to some benefits.
- We will consider all funding options. Options include, but aren’t limited to, NHS funding, investments and Immediate Care Plans (ICP).
We’ll survey the market and obtain quotes from providers of these ICP solutions to determine the most appropriate. This may take some time as the providers will need to obtain medical evidence and assess the details of the person requiring care.
Get In Touch
The requirement for care can be a stressful time for all concerned. We hope to help alleviate some of that stress and potentially bring you peace of mind.
The earlier we talk to you the better as once capital has eroded by any significant degree it gets more difficult to provide solutions. If you or any of your loved ones are in need of care and self-funding it or considering it, then contact us now to arrange your appraisal.
You may find some of the following websites a useful source of information.